Activities in the Adirondacks, see what there is to do in OLD FORGE, NY and the Adirondack Vacation Cabin
Old Forge to do list
During the Summer or Fall
(Seasonal availability for some)
· Hike Bald Mountain, Black Bear Mountain, or Rocky Mountain.
· Ride the rails on the Adirondack Scenic Railroad (Daily excursions, weekly skits, canoe and mountain bike shuttles.)
· Fish for bass, pike, trout or pan fish on the Moose River or the Fulton Chain of Lakes.
· Enjoy N.Y. State's largest water theme park at The Enchanted Forest/Water safari.
· See the loons, ospreys and other birds around Moss Lake near Eagle Bay.
· Play miniature golf at any of the three golf courses in Old Forge.
· * Take a narrated cruise on Old Forge Lake Cruises double-decker boat cruises.
· Hike to the waterfalls at Cascade Lake near Eagle Bay/Big Moose.
· Go horseback riding in Eagle Bay and Inlet.
· Rent a motor boat or party barge in Old Forge, Big Moose or Inlet.
· Take a chairlift ride and see the whitetail deer at McCauley Mt. Ski Area.
· * Visit the Arts Center/Old Forge to view the ever-changing exhibits on display.
· *Deliver U.S. mail on the morning rounds with the Old Forge Lake Cruises Mail boat.
· *Cruise Adirondack lakes aboard Raquette Lake Navigation, Big Moose Lake Tours, or the
Stillwater/Beaver River Norridgewock Adirondack Wilderness Cruise.
· Rent a sailboat in Eagle Bay for Fourth Lake.
· *Visit the town of Webb Historical Association exhibits.
· *Enjoy a book, video, newspaper, or check your email at The Old Forge Library.
· Play 18 holes of golf at The Thendara Golf Club or The Inlet Golf Club.
· *Learn about the early Adirondack logging industry at the Northeastern Logger's Exhibit Hall and Museum.
· * Take a ride to The Adirondack Museum in Blue Mountain Lake.
· * Enjoy watching first run films on the four screens at The Strand Theatre in Old Forge.
· * See an Adirondack Great Camp at The Sagamore in Raquette Lake.
· *Get a bird's eye view of the Adirondacks on a seaplane ride.
· * Hit the unique shops, restaurants and pubs along Main Street.
During The Winter....
· Downhill ski and cross-country ski on 21 trails at McCauley Ski Area.
· Cross country ski at McCauley Ski Area or Inlet's Fern Park.
· Explore the snowy Adirondack forest on snowshoes.
· Snowmobile on hundreds of miles of groomed trails on the interconnected Town of Webb and Inlet trail system.
· Ski, snowshoe, skate and snowmobile rentals available at various Old Forge, Eagle Bay and Inlet suppliers. Contact visitor information centers for local retailers.
· Ice fish on the Fulton Chain of Lakes.
* Rainy Day Activity
Adirondack Vacation Cabin | Adirondack Vacations | Cabin Vacations
Adirondack Vacation Cabin, Old Forge, NY 13420